Essential Functions and Responsibilities
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Work with staff, Board, and community volunteers to lead and manage the Center’s overall development efforts to raise funds to support Center operations
- Move individuals, businesses, and organizations through a formal fundraising model (i.e. Benevon)
- Provide leadership and support for both the Development and additional ad hoc committees as needed
- Effectively utilize volunteers to plan and execute yearly fundraising events, direct mail campaigns, Center tours, and special events
- Supervise the Development Coordinator to provide high-quality customer service to donors, maintain the donor database, and obtain grant funding.
- Cultivate resource partnerships and solicit in-kind donations to support the program.
- Manage financial responsibilities and documentation related to the Neighborhood Assistance Program tax credits, grants and budgeting.
- Produce marketing and solicitation materials to include the annual report, rack cards, mailers, slideshows, videos, scripts for events, and DHCDC’s online presence.
- Attend staff training and meetings, and Board meetings as requested.
- Identify and respond to emergency situations according to DHCDC policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by ED