Essential Functions and Responsibilities
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Assist teacher with executing instruction and evaluating its effectiveness.
- Supervise and monitor children and help maintain classroom management
- Cooperate with other staff and classroom groups to maintain the smooth functioning of the Center, to include when schedule and other changes may be made to meet the needs of the children
- Use the playground as an extension of the classroom
- Assist in completion accurate documentation such as infant daily sheets, assessments, screenings, attendance and inventory
- Eat with and assist children in development of social and self-help skills, and sound nutritional practices.
- Guide children's acquisition of social skills.
- Attend staff training and meetings, and Board and parent meetings as requested.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy classroom environment. Assure that classroom equipment, furniture, materials, and supplies are properly maintained and stored.
- Perform general housekeeping duties
- Interact with families, students, staff and guests in a positive and warm manner
- Identify and respond to emergency situations to include child elopement.
- Assist in conducting the daily health and environment checklist.
- Ensure confidentiality
- Perform other duties, as may be required.